Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Maggie's 1st Birthday

On September 24th my baby girl turned 1. Wow, where has the year gone. In our family birthdays are an on going celebration. Her first party was a Friend party at Max and Cheese. It was so fun to see all the kids playing together. It was also a good chance for the moms to get together and chat.



Savanna and Sadie
Codee
Lissa, Christian, Addison and Candice

Charlie
Christian
Maggie and Sadie

Maggie and Codee

(Left to Right) Savanna, Call, Lars, Christian, Maggie, Amanda, Codee, Sadie, Lissa, and Addison

Maggie had a great time digging into her piece of Chocolate Cake. She knew this was not something I would normally allow her to do so she was not going to look at me for anything. I kept trying to get her attention but she did not want to make eye contact. I am sure she thought " if I don't see mom then she cant see me, just keep eating." At one point her cake was gone so she reached over and took Lars' . I think it is safe to say she Loves Chocolate Cake. (Humm.... I wonder where she gets that?)





Lars is such a sweet big brother!


~ Next Was The Family Birthday Party ~









Cyrus, Hailey, Sasha, Maggie, Beckham, Lars and Khrystene


As Many of you know I only like Chocolate cake and so that is what I usually make for Birthdays. Well, for Maggie I thought it would be so cute to watch her eat the pretty pink cake. So I made this beautiful Strawberry Cake with Vanilla frosting. Come to find out Maggie did not find that cake very tasty. Here is a picture and a video of her eating her beautiful cake.


Every day I find she is more and more like me. (I know, that is SCARY!) Needless to say she did not devour her pretty pink cake like she did the chocolate one at her Max and Cheese party. She did however manage to get it all over. I guess she thought it would be better to wear than to eat.



Happy Birthday My Sweet Baby Maggie Katherine

September 24, 2007

10 comments:

Jen (Maddie Lou Beanies) said...

How cute! I love that she is so bald! I'm with Maggie, the chocolate cake looked way better than the pretty pink one! What a great family!

Jaime said...

Maggie is SO cute!! Pretty funny that at 1 she already has a definite cake preference- watch out when she gets older!

Kelly said...

Happy to you Maggie .... I cant believe she is already one! Time goes to fast. She sure is sweet though Katie

Crazy Lees said...

How SWEET! I can not belive she is one! I loved her adorable red shoes on Sunday! Her cake was so pretty! Adorable picture with Grandma! Her eyes...thoose are gonna get the boys!

The Thelins said...

Wow. I remember when you were still pregnant with her. Why does precious time go by so fast? She's definitely growing up, and looking more and more like a Larson

Kate Brotherson said...

oh little maggie, Happy Birthday. It was so fun celebrating with her. I love that she got to eat cake twice. She is so cute and loved that chocolate cake!!!

Hollie said...

Maggie is so beautiful! I loved seeing all the pictures!

Jacobson Five said...

Hey Kate-
I probably have some catering work for December on the 3rd and the 12th if you would like some work, let me know.

Camille Jensen said...

I LOVE the cakes. Beautiful! They match your beautiful birthday girl. I'm Kaja's mom BTW.

Hollie said...

Kate, I don't know if you check your blog often, it's been awhile since I've seen a post, but I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! You have always been a good friend, and a chola in a half even! I love you! I need to get your phone number from you. Email me at holthechol@hotmail.com Have a great day Barsita, or was it Barneena? :)Use your Monday laugh on that one.