Saturday, August 16, 2008

Memories

You may have seen this on other blogs. I think it is fun, so play along if you want to!
1. Add a comment on my blog. Leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. I am anxious to hear your responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments...

10 comments:

Me and My Clan said...

My favorite memory of you guys is just living next door to you for the little while we did. It was so fun being in the same ward and getting to know you guys and your kids better. I miss being neighbors, but I have to be honest...I really don't miss the house too much! You guys are great!!

Jen (Maddie Lou Beanies) said...

Wow, where do I start? Besides the ones you left on my blog, I have too many in my head to even think straight. When we were little, I remember after I moved out of my house, we used to walk past it and I missed it so much I would go kiss it. I remember riding on your ball thing with the handle, we used to pretend we were barell racing. I remember going to St. George for Easter, and playing in the pool, and running around with you and Stephanie. I remember you helping me deal with stupid boys (remember Matt Baugh?) in high school. I remember working at Storehouse sorting coupons with you, my Dad thought we were crazy with the conversations we would have, and how fast we talked. I remember when I found out you were pregnant, and I was so happy for you and so jealous that you were going to have a baby first, you always seem to be one step ahead of me. I loved living next to you, I wish it could have been longer! I have had so many wonderful memories with you, you have been such a great friend to me since the day I was born. I am so lucky to have such an awesome girl for a cousin! Thanks for all the memories! I'm sure after I post this I will think of a million more!

Kelly said...

Ok we have to many .... coloring Erins hair, going to taco bell EVERYDAY for lunch and of course cheerleading to just name a few.
Though i have to laugh when i start to think og things

Kelly said...

Ps. I will get this posted to my blog soon, I'm having issues for some reason

Jen (Maddie Lou Beanies) said...

Another thing I remember is going to the BYU basketball games with our families. We would bring our pom-poms and pretend to be the cheerleaders. You showed me how if you eat Milk Duds and popcorn at the same time, it tastes like carmeled popcorn. I still eat it that way when I go to the movies.

Hollie said...

oh kate! we have way too many to list, but I was actually telling Ryllie about this one just the other day. We (me, you, & Erin) were having a sleepover at the cabin and we decided it would be awesome to have a different laugh for every day of the week. I think we laughed harder than ever that night. we always were making up silly words like chola and homkur. remember the possessed chola ball? i remember eating twinkies and watching sesame street at your house after school (yeah, we were 13 and watching sesame street), i remember ninja turtle pies & slurpies, and making home videos of ourselves pretending we were talk show hosts and singing The Land Before Time theme song "If we hold on together". you rock!

susan said...

Oh Katie...this is a great idea. When I read this post, I scrolled throught the many memories I have wiht you and Byron. You are two amazing people. The one that was the loudest was a recent one: Very soon after Oliver's birth, when we finally got to talk to each other on the phone our conversation meant a lot to me. You were the first one to really make the connection of what all I went through after birth and the miracles that happned and my Mom. You told me that you and Byron had talked about the fact that you thought I was okay because Mom was my guardian angel watching over me. I had been so burried in the aftermath of my trauma and in becoming a new Mom that this fact had escaped me. You brought it to light. It meant a lot to me. You are so perceptive.

So lucky to know you.

love,
Susan

Kate Brotherson said...

I remember getting called to Primary and being so happy you got called too. I also remember you being so down to earth. I love that you come from money but are still so humble and REAL!!! I love you Katie. You are a great friend and mom!!

Green Eyes in the Country said...

My fav memory is the first time I read your blog and also the pic of Maggie loves to swim. She's so adorable and that's such a good pic!!

janet

Jaime said...

Hmm...my favorite memory. I don't even know where to start..was it getting Subway whenever we had a few spare dollars our freshman year (I know I still owe you many sandwiches), watching Wings and Quantum Leap reruns, sending missionary packages, dressing up in camo and sneaking around campus (do you remember that- we were absolutely ridiculous) Or how about you and Byron braving the icy, snowy winter to be at my wedding- that really meant so much to me..okay I am starting to get a little sappy, there are so many more memories that have been some of the best of my life...hopefully we'll have time to go over them when I come down- can't wait!