Sunday, April 13, 2008

Clista Marie Erickson Dallin

My dear sweet grandmother passed away early Saturday morning. She is such an amazing person. While I am saddened by her passing and will miss her greatly I am comforted by knowing that I will see her again. I have been thinking of this a lot the last few days as I have been remembering her and her life. I can't even imagine loosing a loved one, not knowing that you will have the opportunity to see them and be with them again. As I tried to explain her passing to my children this hit me with full force. I explained to them that she is now and angle living with our Heavenly Father. And even though we won't be able to see her here on earth she will be waiting for us in heaven where we will be able to see her again. What a comfort this is to me. To know that she is in a better place and is finally with her loved ones that have passed before. The plan of salvation is amazing and I am so thankful to know the truthfulness of this gospel.


Her obituary read...


Clista Marie Erickson Dallin


Clista Marie
Erickson Dallin
Clista Marie Erickson Dallin, daughter of Maybell Seeley and Erick Marion Erickson, was born October 12, 1925 in Indianola, San Pete County, Utah. She had a sister and two brothers, all of whom preceded her in death. She was a great joy and comfort to her parents.
In the early morning on April 12th Clista Marie slipped peacefully from this mortal life into the arms of her loved ones waiting for her in anothersphere. She was 82 years old.
At the age of 17 Clista Marie met her one true love, but they had to wait to be together as he went off to serve in WWII. Two years later, on January 11, 1945, Clista Marie was married and sealed to Jay Nelson Dallin of Spanish Fork in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. There have never been two people who were more deeply in love as they began their life together. They have four children: Ronald Dallin (Sandy Smoot) of Provo; Brenda Dallin Lee of Orem; Randy Dallin (Janet Harper) of Orem; and Cindy Dallin Clements (David Clements) of Provo.
Clista Marie spent her entire life in unselfish, untiring, joyful service to what mattered most to her: her husband Jay, her family, and her service in the LDS Church. She was privileged to serve in the Primary, Young Women's, and Relief Society Presidencies. In this world she was the embodiment of generosity and love, teaching her family the Gospel by the way she lived. She was one of the greatest examples of one who knew she was a daughter of God.
She had many talents and hobbies. Those that she treasured most were cooking for her family, spending hours sewing beautiful quilts with her friends, daughters and sometimes with her son Randy, and adding homemade needlepoint chairs and pictures to the beauty of her home in Provo. She also loved to garden and was especially fond of roses. She did everything in life wholeheartedly, driven by her love for her family. She has always had a special touch with the babies as they have arrived. She has 31 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren with another soon to arrive. They will sorely miss the tender love she freely offered to each of them, one by one. The legacy of love and faith she leaves with her family will last through generations of time. We love you Mom!
We would like to add our special thanks to the care givers who took such gentle care of our wife and mother in her final days, as well as the ward members who have done so much to make this transition easier.
Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 11:00 a.m. at the Rock Canyon Ward House, 3030 Mojave Lane, Provo. Friends may call at the Berg Mortuary of Provo, 185 East Center, on Tuesday evening 6-8 p.m. or at the Ward House on Wednesday, 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Interment will be at the Spanish Fork City Cemetery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your grief, Kate. I'm glad you have the perspective of the gospel and that you can teach it to your kids. Not only will you see her later, but she'll be around, I'm sure, to help you when you need it. I think that many who pass on to the other side are still intimately involved in our lives.

Please give my condolences to your parents.

Hollie said...

Katie, I'm so touched by your message of love and eternal families. You are so wonderful, and I hope to see you soon. Please give my condolences to your family.

The Hoffs said...

Katie- I am so sorry about your grandma. It is not easy to lose loved ones. Please tell your family that I am thinking of them. Your blog looks cute. Love you, Cami

Green Eyes in the Country said...

Katie, you're grandmother was such a beautiful woman - inside and out. It is comforting to know you WILL see her again - walking the streets of gold and praising our precious Savior! My parents have passed and I believe that is true for us as well! (Jan)